Roselands crash: Moment man pulled teenagers from fiery crash

Space-Separated Links URL URL URL URL Space-Separated Links URL URL URL URL Space-Separated Links url url url url url url url url url url url url url url url url url url url url url url url url

A man has described the moment he pulled three injured teens from a horrific Sydney car crash and continued to help despite being dragged away from the fiery wreckage.

The three teenagers were severely injured after their blue Subaru Impreza collided with a white Lexus while travelling along King Georges Road near Payten Ave in Roselands, in Sydney’s southwest, about 9.50pm on Friday.

The vehicle lost control, mounted a curb, and then hit a tree before bursting into flames.

Onlookers pulled the three teenagers from the burning wreck, with a clip shared to Snapchat showing men screaming “come on” and “get them out” as the group tried to navigate the flames.

Another clip showed the horrific aftermath of the crash, with the car nearly wedged between a large tree and a badly damaged fence.

Roselands resident Michael Rose told The Daily Telegraph he was inside his house when he heard an explosion and rushed outside to find the teenagers trapped in the car.

“By the time I got there the car was on fire, a girl was screaming. I pulled her out and put her to the side,” he told the publication.

“There was another girl on the passenger side, she was jammed up pretty bad,” he continued.

Mr Rose said he then heard another voice calling out for help from inside the car. But with the flames spreading, the 53-year-old began being dragged away by others at the scene.

“I said I can’t just leave (them), I couldn’t leave that kid there knowing they were alive and watch them burn to death.”

“I wasn’t going to let that happen. I ripped the door open and took them out.”

Mr Rose noted one of the girls didn’t “look good”, explaining “she kept saying she couldn’t breathe”.

Paramedics treated the three teenage occupants of the blue car before all three were raced to hospital.

The driver of the Subaru, an 18-year-old girl, was treated for chest and pelvic injuries before being taken to Liverpool Hospital, where she remains in a serious but stable condition.

Two female passengers, a 17 and an 18-year-old, were treated for chest and leg injuries and taken to St George Hospital.

The 17-year-old girl is fighting for life, while the 18-year-old is in a serious but stable condition.

The driver and sole occupant of the Lexus, a 28-year-old man, was uninjured. He was taken to Canterbury Hospital to undergo mandatory testing.

A 41-year-old man who helped at the scene was treated for smoke inhalation.

A crime scene has been established at the scene of the crash, with police urging anyone with information or dashcam footage to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

Read related topics:Sydney

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *