Prince William spills new details on Kate’s recovery


Prince William has shed new light on his wife Kate’s recovery following her recent abdominal surgery.

He returned to royal duties this week after taking time off to care for the Princess of Wales during her recovery, and at an investiture ceremony at Windsor Castle on Wednesday, reportedly told guests how she had been faring privately.

“What an amazing experience, the castle was just breathtaking, everyone was so lovely too [sic] us as we were just in awe of everything,” Patricia Spruce, one of the many people honoured by the Prince of Wales at the event, wrote on LinkedIn afterwards.

“Prince William said that Katherine [sic] had two Filipino nurses looking after her and they were amazing and kind.”

Details around Kate’s condition have remained scarce since Kensington Palace announced in mid-January that she had undergone a “successful” abdominal surgery and would remain in hospital for up to two weeks before recuperating at home until after Easter.

She was last seen in public on Christmas Day at a church service near Sandringham in Norfolk.

Kate’s news was shared within two hours of an announcement that King Charles was also heading to hospital, for treatment on an enlarged prostate, which it was revealed this week had led to an unrelated cancer diagnosis.

The King’s form of cancer has not been disclosed, but British Prime Minister Rishi Sunak said earlier this week that it had been “caught early”.

William addressed his family’s current health struggles at a charity event on Wednesday night, joking that he needs to “get away from it all.”

He made the remark during his speech at a gala dinner in support of London’s Air Ambulance Charity this week, which came just days after it was revealed that his father, King Charles, is being treated for cancer.

“I’d like to take this opportunity to say thank you, also, for the kind messages of support for Catherine and for my father, especially in recent days – it means a great deal to us all,” he told guests.

“It’s fair to say the past few weeks have had a rather ‘medical’ focus … So I thought I’d come to an air ambulance function to get away from it all!”

William’s return to public duties on Wednesday coincided with Prince Harry’s abrupt departure from the UK after a whirlwind 24-hour visit.

The Duke of Sussex rushed back to London from his new home in California after being told of his father’s cancer diagnosis, but wound up spending less than an hour with the monarch before flying back to the US.

It’s understood he and William did not cross paths or communicate during the visit.

Harry was spotted exiting a commercial flight at Los Angeles International Airport on Wednesday night, accompanied by a security guard as he made his way to a waiting SUV.

Meanwhile, Charles spoke publicly on Thursday for the first time since his shock cancer diagnosis, explaining “how sorry” he was for having to skip a major event for the people of Grenada, a Caribbean nation of which he is the head of state.

This week is its 50th anniversary of independence from the United Kingdom.

“I can only say how sorry I am that I cannot be with you in person to mark this momentous milestone, and to enjoy a little oil down with you all!,” he wrote, referencing oil down, a Grenadian staple meal.

“My thoughts are with everyone across Grenada, Carriacou and Petit Martinique – ‘one people, one family’ – as you celebrate everything you have achieved and all that your future holds.

“My family join me in sending our heartfelt congratulations to you all.”

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *