Drama as A-League broadcaster Global Advance goes broke

Space-Separated Links

URL URL URL


A-League men’s and women’s matches will continue to be broadcast, with the Australian Professional Leagues to sign a deal with a new broadcast company after the collapse of Global Advance.

Since signing a broadcast agreement with Network 10 and Paramount three years ago, the APL has paid Global Advance for the production of its games.

However, on Wednesday, the APL was told the Global Advance had gone into administration, jeopardising the future broadcasting of A-League game.

But a new production deal with NEP for the rest of the 2023-24 season is set to be announced on Thursday, ensuring all A-League men’s and women’s matches will continue to be televised, including Thursday night’s women’s match between Central Coast and Western United in Gosford.

“Through a lot of hard work by a new production company, Ten-Paramount, and our team, we are close to finalising an agreement and are confident all matches will be broadcast,” an APL spokesman said.

“There are many challenges that such a short time frame presents, but we are working through this urgently with all of our stakeholders, and we thank the production company for their co-operation, flexibility and expertise at such short notice.”

Global Advance’s demise is the latest blow for the APL, which has lost millions of dollars this season, resulting in the collapse of its digital arm KeepUp as well as nearly 50 per cent of staff being made redundant.

There are also doubts about the future of the Newcastle Jets and Canberra United.

The APL said it had been “let down” by Global Advance.

“We are disappointed in the manner in which this has come to our attention … and will be working with the administrators to recoup money owing to APL,” the spokesman said.

Leave a Comment